3 Tips to Stay Fit While Traveling
If you are anything like me you can stay consistent when you are in a routine at home but the minute you take off on a plane or in the car and chart to go somewhere new it’s suddenly “vacation mode”.
Our team has been traveling this month and talking about ways to stay active and keep up a routine even while traveling. I will admit to falling off the wagon for a few days but the tips helped me stay on track so when I jumped back into my routine I was able to pick right up where I left off.
24/7ers know what it takes to work out at the gym but on days when you can’t make it to the gym what do you do? We put together some tips from the experts to help you stay fit while traveling even if that means just a staycation.
How to Prep for a work out on vacation:
- Define when you are going to work out
- It is easy to put your work out on a list but actually time block and think about what you are going to do beforehand can help ensure you have the time and space you need to work out
- It is easy to say you are going to wake up at 6 am even while traveling but be honest with yourself. Give yourself some flexibility while you travel. One trick we have found to be helpful is to add time to work out on your calendar. If you are like me I need accountability so I let a friend know and they text me to make sure I hit my workout that day.
- Plan where you are going to work out
- The same goes for defining your time, creating your space and it will make it easier to jump into your workout. That can be as easy as checking out a running route around your hotel or where you are staying so when you get out the door you know where you are going and have planned the distance so there is less to figure out when you are in OOF mode.
- Before you head out check out local gyms and see if they have day passes or passes for your trip that way you can keep up your routine even while on the road. I have been able to find a local gym in my hometown which keeps my routine on track.
Vacation Workout Routines:
- The easiest workout to tackle while on the road is cardio. Running, biking or an active sport will keep you moving no matter where you are.
- If you are looking to step up a cardio routine or don’t have the space to run, a bodyweight workout can go with you even if you only have room for a yoga mat. We have included a bodyweight only workout from Jeremy Park: Bodyweight with Jeremy
- If you find yourself with weights or a TRX Machine, strength training will take your vacation work out to the next level.
Target the body part you want to grow with some of these exercises
Full Upper Body
- High-performing people don’t let excuses get in their way no matter where the journey takes them. Tag us on Instagram the next time you hit the road to share your tips.
- Hit one of Jpark’s favorite HIIT workout to start sweating Jparks HIIT Workout
Make sure to fuel up with your favorite Performix products before you hit the road, or take them with you!
Our SST Energy Seltzers and SST Energy Gummies are two convenient ways to get energized wherever, whenever. Crack open an SST Energy Seltzer for a surge of energy in every sparkling refreshing sip. Pop a few SST Energy Gummies for a burst of energy and delicious flavor!